Looking for something to do over the summer? See below.
Looking for a job? Click here.
Jewish Changemakers Fellowship
Are you ready to be a changemaker?
If you’re a Jewish college student or a recent grad, 20-25, you now have an awesome opportunity. An online leadership development experience to expand your career, your network and, most importantly, your ability to affect positive change in your community and the world.
It just takes three weeks and your commitment.
15 hours a week from July 6-24. During that time, you’ll develop a service project working together with a cohort of your peers and the benefit of a group coach. You’ll also receive mentorship from a top professional in your field of interest and earn a valuable certificate for your resume — not to mention a $500 stipend for the work you’ve accomplished.
Each week builds on the next and covers a specific theme. Your experience is inspired by the three-part framework for Public Narrative — a leadership practice through which we translate values into action, weaving three stories into one.
The story of self:
personal and professional development
The story of us:
global Jewish community
The story of now:
service and advocacy
For more information and to apply, go to www.jewishchangemakers.org
CRCC ASIA VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
KAHAL, CRCC Asia and Virtual Internships are excited to announce the first Virtual Internship Scholarship for Jewish Students. This scholarship includes a guaranteed Virtual Internship in your country or career field of choice, 3 months online access to Rosetta Stone language learning, weekly discussions and business webinars and more. With the Scholarship for Jewish Students, we aim to award this fully-funded international Virtual Internship program to a deserving individual who is a practicing member of the Jewish faith and who actively works to promote awareness and advocacy in their Jewish community. Applicants who applied but who were not ultimately offered a scholarship will be offered a US$ 300 grant for one of Virtual Internships’ online internship program.
Why choose Virtual Internships?
- Guaranteed Internship Placement: In a time when there are many uncertainties, knowing that you will definitely have an opportunity for professional development and building work experience.
- Vetted Host Companies: All companies working with Virtual Internships have been vetted in meeting quality standards as well as supported in understanding how to support interns remotely.
- Support: All students have an assigned Program Experience Manager to walk them through the experience, access to our online curriculum, weekly events and two internship coaching calls so you get the most from this experience
- Click here for more about the benefits of Virtual Internships.
- Fully-Funded Virtual International Internship ($1,595 Value)
- The student selects the start date and the duration of 1, 2, or 3 months. When the winner is selected, they would need to choose a program start date that ensures we have at least 6 weeks’ notice in order to have adequate time to place them
- The student selects 20 or 30-hour workweek
- The student selects International Focus (guaranteed first choice country for their company to be based in) or Career Field focus (guaranteed first choice career field for their internship)
- The student will work with KAHAL to create two short profiles of Jewish people from their city to research, highlighting their impact on the local Jewish community.
Applications are open June 1-14, 2020 and the winner will be announced on June 30th.
- Must be enrolled (or seeking enrollment, i.e., recent high school graduates) in a higher education course (e.g., university, college, community college, trade or technical college etc.) or graduated within one year
- Must submit their application by 23:59h (11:59 pm) Hawaiian Pacific Time on 14 June 2020.
Career Field Focus Areas:
This option is perfect for anyone wanting global experiences throughout the world, but has a focused career goal.
- Business; Computer Science and IT; Creative, Design, and Fashion; Engineering; Entrepreneurship and Startup; Finance; Green Tech, Sustainability, and Environment; Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals; Health, Wellness, and Sports Management; Hospitality, Tourism, and Events; International Development, NGOs, and Charities; Legal, Logistics and Supply Chain; Recruitment and HR; Marketing; Media, Communications, and Publishing; Real Estate; Urban Planning and Architecture
This option is perfect for anyone focused on building networks and experience in a specific country.
- China, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, India, or The United Kingdom.
Email Becca Flyer (Becca@KahalAbroad.org) for more information.
Dvarly.com - coding + Torah
Are you looking for a summer project? Consider helping us create dvarly.com, a platform to help Jews everywhere find personalized Torah ideas. We’re looking for people to help with coding and product management.
We’re currently a team of two software developers (one at Facebook and one at Google) working on Dvarly as a side project and would love to work with and mentor students.
Email email@example.com if you’d like to learn more!
ONLINE Full-credit SUMMER programs at HebrewU
Expand your professional and academic horizons this summer in Israel, a crossroads of humanity and the Start-Up Nation.
Step outside the classroom and learn first-hand about issues and breakthroughs making headlines around the globe while earning academic credits at one of the world’s top 100 universities.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are also offering an ONLINE version of our summer programs (with a 20% discount on tuition fees) that includes talks, presentations, and discussions with leading speakers and organizations that regularly receive our groups.
Take part in one of our two hands-on summer programs at the Rothberg International School (RIS) of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Two week sessions are also open to faculty members and professionals. Custom dates may be arranged.
June 29 – July 23, 2020 | January 3-14, 2021
Go beyond your imagination in the Start-up Nation and gain insights from Israel’s top innovators and entrepreneurs while taking an up-close look at breakthrough technologies. Organized in collaboration with the Israeli Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economy (3-6 credits). HebrewU Website | Brochure | Online Program
- Coexistence in the Middle East (CME)
June 29 – July 23, 2020 | August 2-13, 2020
Experience the challenges of coexistence and gain exposure to different narratives and realities by engaging with different national, religious, and ideological groups that converge at a crossroads of humanity (3-9 credits). HebrewU Website | Brochure | Online Program
Want to participate? Don’t wait, apply now! Space in both programs, ranked among Hebrew University’s most popular study abroad summer sessions, is limited.
Help us promote coexistence and spark innovation by sharing this invitation with your friends and contacts.
Looking forward to welcoming you to Israel!